Dentist for Community Dental Clinic (Fergus Falls, MN)
Fergus Falls Community Dental Clinic
Fergus Falls, MN
$42.68 - $62.94 hourly
A rewarding opportunity to help underserved individuals receive the dental care they need!
The Minnesota Department of Human Services is looking for a dentist to provide comprehensive dental care to clients at the Fergus Falls Community Dental Clinic. This state-operated clinic provides services to individuals with developmental disabilities, mental illness, chemical dependency, or brain injury. Due to their unique needs, these patients are unable to obtain basic dental care from other community providers.
According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, dental health may be a low priority for many people living with mental illness when other treatment and health issues must also be addressed. Cost and fear are routinely cited as the largest barriers to care. Additionally, an illness may lead to deterioration of self-care, and an individual may have no experience or history of engaging in dental care as part of his or her overall health practice.
The dentist at the clinic in Fergus Falls works in cooperation with dental staff, the client’s support team, nursing staff, medical practitioners, administration, and the community to provide a coordinated dental health program for each client. This is a part-time position, working Monday – Thursday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. It’s also eligible for full benefits and insurance coverage. Don’t miss out on this chance to join an organization dedicated to providing quality care for special needs patients who would otherwise receive no dental care at all.
In addition to a competitive salary, the State of Minnesota offers excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
• Paid vacation time
• Paid sick time
• 11 paid holidays
• Life insurance (optional family)
• Long-term care insurance (spouse/parent)
• Ongoing educational opportunities
• Short-term disability
• Long-term disability
• Health care savings plan
• Pension and retirement savings plan
• Pre-tax benefits
• Credit union membership available
• Optional retirement savings plan
For more information, please contact:
An Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer
• Licensed to practice dentistry in the State of Minnesota or licensed in another state and eligible for licensure by reciprocity in MN.
• Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of general dentistry.
- Techniques involved and the skill in diagnosing and treating a wide variety of dental diseases and injuries.
- Recent developments in the field of general dentistry.
- Characteristics and usages of modern drugs; and
• The ability to:
- Establish and maintain a therapeutic office and/or hospital atmosphere.
- Provide leadership in work with patients and employees.